Sunday, May 17, 2009

bikeclubz

 
 
Today, Bodie + I went council clean-up looking because yesterday while we were driving to Sydney I seen a pile of bikes sitting out the front of a house begging to be rescued. By the time we got to the house someone had beaten us there, so we decided on driving around and seeing if we could find any other treasures. At a particular house we found 3 bikes, and ended up taking two of them home. Mine was filthy, and under the appearance to be riddled with rust, so much so that I didn't know if I could fix it. We got home and with a little hose, and a wet cloth, under all the brown filth was a beauty of a bike. I'm planning on painting and repairing a few parts, while completely replacing others (new basket! new bell! new seat!), so this should keep me busy over the next few weeks. Bodie found a race bike, which has the most perfect frame for a low rider, his requires alot more work than mine, but that's ok because if he could fix our 1950s' Remington typewriter - he can fix anything! I can't wait to go on date bike-rides with my love

2 comments:

Annie said...

homg so cute =] i want one! good job with the cleaning up of it...looking preetty spiffy!

bearface said...

Oh, I wish I took a before photograph, it was hideous!

Although, it's still dirty in that photograph! I'll have to show you it when it's finished!