Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trash, for treasures.


 





























 

 


 
 
I just spent an hour taking photographs of peoples trash that they position beside their gutters for council clean-up. It's so utterly fascinating what people throw away, and the manner in which they arrange the things that they are so willing to part with. The analytical nature of some were incredible, whilst others were simply disgarded without any clear thought. Toys seem sadistic laying un-loved in gutters, whilst mattresses left to wither because they were once too loved. Bodie found an organ (another one) and this lovely man helped him put it into our van so we could take it home. Sometimes, when my mind wonders, I worry that our house one day might resemble Luna Lovegoods' home from Harry Potter.

2 comments:

black vanilla rose said...

Ah I love this piece and those photos... I remember when I was little my cousins and sisters would pick out goodies from peoples junk on council clean up week, much to my mothers disgust. There was an asian lady down the street that use to throw away all sorts of mickey mouse paraphernalia, was great. lovely blog and trip down memory lane xx

bearface said...

Ah thankyou ever so much. xx